Kumbakonam Coffee- What Do We Mean By Degree Coffee?
There are multiple speculations as to why its called “degree” coffee
The degree coffee is the modified pronunciation of the Chicory and tikeri. Chicory helps extract more flavour from the coffee beans. Chicory helps extract more flavour from the coffee beans.
The pure certified milk has some relation to a thermometer, and thus, we call it as a degree milk.
You can refer to it as the first decoction or first degree. Kumbakonam Filter coffee
The best instance of South Indians’ enthusiasm of the dairy products is the popularity of milk coffee or South Indian filter coffee. Most of the beans are grown in India (Arabica and Robusta varieties are grown in Tamil Nadu primarily at Nilgiris District, Yercaud and Kodaikanal).
The Decoction is made primarily from coffee beans (70-80%) and chicory (the other 30-20%). Although most FMCG coffee powders have a fixed percentage of coffee-chicory, there are multiple shops where you can ask for your own blend (Some of the small ones mix it in front of you, and your nose can spend 10 minutes in heaven).
History Of Kumbakonam Coffee
Coffee came to India through Baba Budan in the 17th century. Kumbakonam coffee, as the name implies it is a special drink in Kumbakonam. This drink is made up of coffee beans which are collected from the hills of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh Coffee came to India through Baba Budan in the 17th century. Kumbakonam coffee, as the name implies, is a special drink from Kumbakonam. This drink is made up of specially selected coffee beans which are picked from the hills of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
How To Make Kumbakonam Filter Coffee
Kumbakonam filter coffee is a coffee beverage which is very familiar in Kumbakonam, the name sounds easy and simple. But it may not be easy for everyone to make a good filter coffee. The speciality of Kumbakonam filter coffee is that the coffee powder is brewed with a special metal device called ‘filter’. Also it is made with fresh milk and without adding water to it. This coffee is made with dark roasted coffee beans and chicory. Arabica and Robusta are the commonly used coffee beans to make Kumbakonam filter coffee. The other speciality of Kumbakonam filter coffee is that it is served with ‘dabarah’.
The Kumbakonam degree coffee is well known for its flavor and aroma. The Kumbakonam degree coffee is very famous in states like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. This south Indian special beverage is made out of pure cow’s milk without adding any other adulterants or chicory.